The Simple Woman's Daybook - Friday, September 13, 2013

Outside my window...Things are green outside from the little bit of rain we received earlier in the week.  It's been pretty warm here which makes me wish for fall just a little.  I do realize that when fall and winter are in full swing I will probably be missing summer.  I will enjoy these warm temperatures while I can.

I am thinking...about the lovely conversations that I had in Target today of all places.  I went in to get my glasses adjusted and while I waited a nice gentleman and I made small talk about glasses and it grew from there.  It was surprising to me how easy it was to spark a quality conversation.  I later spoke with two different Target staff members that were genuinely nice and interesting.

I am thankful for...Friday night dinner and a movie time with my kids.  I couldn't get enough of the good food and cuddles.

I am wearing...A black cotton 1950's inspired dress with a raspberry tank peaking through.  It's time to do laundry around here so I thank God that this was clean.

I am remembering...old friends and good times.



I am currently reading...I just finished Jim Gaffigan's new book called "Dad is Fat".  I loved every page of it.  I have seen both of his stand-up specials and couldn't get enough of them.  I can't wait  to see hear about his next project.  

I am hoping...for new opportunities and connections.

On my mind...Exercise and the fact that I don't do enough of it.  I need to get moving.  I miss yoga and I have always wanted to start walking in the evenings but never seem to figure out how to make it work in my evening schedule.  Now is the time to create those good habits and make exercise a priority.  Who's with me?

Noticing that...I really should probably make my bed.  Sleeping with sheets is a good thing.  I have been so busy I haven't had the gumption to get my bed put back together after washing everything.  I promise I will get it done this weekend.

Pondering these words...

"A true soul mate is probably the most important person you'll ever meet, because they tear down your walls and smack you awake. But to live with a soul mate forever? Nah. Too painful. Soul mates, they come into your life just to reveal another layer of yourself to you, and then leave."
—Elizabeth Gilbert

From the kitchen...Not a terrible amount of cooking has been going on.  To be quite honest I don't like cooking when it's just for me.  I should start planning simple left overs that I can reheat for when the kids are with their Dad and I don't have to worry about getting them dinner.  Otherwise I just reach for a frozen dinner and that is not exactly the best choice.  I did make an entire loaf of oat bread into french toast this week.  It was so yummy.

Around the house...We are thinking about Halloween costumes, continuing to work on organization and slaying home improvement dragons.  I now have a new ceiling fan in my bedroom with a light that works thanks to my Mom who installed it for me.

One of my favorite things...Burt's Bees has a new lip gloss out that has become my new favorite thing.  I decided to pick up one to try today while visiting Target.  A big plus is that it is not sticky and goes on smoothly.  I give it a big thumbs up!

From my camera...I made sure to snap a few photos to send to all the grandparents in my kids lives last week.  I created a collage and sent it off so everyone could see how much my kids have grown in the last year. It's amazing really.  This is my favorite pic that I took with my smart phone.  Enjoy!




Would you like to linger on the simple things...then join me and many others at "The Simple Woman's Daybook" in taking a little look into the days plans and thoughts of those who are focusing on simplicity...beauty of the 'everyday moments'. I will be posting a weekly update using this unique and simple format.

Emily Elliott

Some say he’s half man half fish, others say he’s more of a seventy/thirty split. Either way he’s a fishy bastard. Google

0 comments, Leave one: