Make Your Own Mini Stamps

2:47 PM 0 Comments


I have always wanted to try my hand at making my own mini stamps using pencil erasers and was reminded of the project recently when I read a post on WhiMsy Love about using pencils as stamps. 

So, I took stock of my supplies and it just so happened that I had everything I needed to give this a go.  Here's a list of the supplies you will need to make your very own mini stamps.   




You will need:

  • unused pencils with erasers
  • an exacto knife
  • Ink or paint for stamping
  • paper or card stock to stamp on


  
Carefully cut the shapes you want to make from your pencil eraser.  Start by lightly scoring your shape onto the top of the eraser and making small cuts until the amount you have removed enough eraser. 
I made a half circle, square, triangle and I left one eraser in tact so that I could have a circle. 


Once you have cut your erasers you are ready to stamp.  I had red, gold, green and black ink to experiment with and I tested my shapes on scrap paper to see how they would turn out.  
These make create card designs.  The options are endless.  I think there are cards in my future.    

Emily Elliott

Some say he’s half man half fish, others say he’s more of a seventy/thirty split. Either way he’s a fishy bastard. Google

0 comments, Leave one: