Tasty Tuesday: Fall Favorites

Fall is here and a change of season means a change of favorite recipes in my kitchen.  It's time to enjoy the last of what's in season at your local farmer's market and start serving heartier recipes.  My family is starting to feel the cold here as the Midwest starts to get prepared for the coming winter.  For this week's Tasty Tuesday I thought I would share a few of my favorite fall recipes that I have pinned in my Culinary Inspiration board on Pinterest that I can't wait to try.  Enjoy!  

Source

Iowa Girl Eats has a 15 minute tomato basil soup with cheese tortellini that I can't wait to make for my kids.  We can't get enough tortellini around here.




















Source

Miriam at Eat Good 4 Life shares this recipe for Creamy Pumpkin Pasta .  I am a fan of pumpkin but usually in sweeter recipes.  I think this fall is the time to start experimenting in the savory direction.  


















Source

Chickpea Tomato Minestrone Soup at Vegetarian Adventures just looks amazing for starters.  I am a big fan of chunky tomato based soups and this one definitely fits that bill.  It also might actually get me to eat more greens.


















Source

Sweet Potato and Edamame Shepherd's Pie from Veg Kitchen is a great twist on a family favorite.  I would never have thought to add edamame to this dish.  Shepherd's pie is on the top of my comfort food list so I knew I just had to give this a try.     



Source

Crock pot Quinoa Chili from Everyday Reading is a recipe that makes a casual dinner at home so easy.  It's a set it in the slow cooker and forget it for 6 - 8 hours kind of meal that the whole family would love.  Quinoa also makes it hearty and full of healthy protein.    


















What are some of your favorite fall recipes you can wait to whip up for your family this month?


Our hosts for Tasty Tuesday are
Our host for Two Cup Tuesday is Pint Sized Baker 
Our host for Handmade Tuesdays is Lady Bug Blessings
Our Host for Anti-Procrastination Tuesday is New Nostalgia

Emily Elliott

Some say he’s half man half fish, others say he’s more of a seventy/thirty split. Either way he’s a fishy bastard. Google

0 comments, Leave one: