The Simple Woman's Day Book September 16th, 2011

8:38 AM 0 Comments

Outside my window...it's cooling off here a little and fall is starting to show up. 

I am thinking...about the past, present and future.  Lot's of reflection on what has happened and what is to come in my life.  I am full of possibility and hope for what the future will bring for me and my family.



I am thankful...for new opportunities for success. 

In the kitchen...Banana and Pumpkin Bread is on the docket. 

I am wearing...my bookstore work uniform of slacks, a nice blouse and clothes toed comfy shoes. 



I am creating...several yarn crafting projects are in the works right now.  I have a scarf on my red circle loom and the yarn ready for a shawl and leg warmers for my daughter Madi's dancing gear.  Pictures and a tutorial or two to come once projects are complete. 

I am going...to work on staying focused and keeping my priorities on the top of my to-do list.  Lot's to do so time management is key right now. 


I am wondering...why following your call in life has to be so hard some times. 

I am reading...several books for my United Methodist Doctrine Class and Grimm's Fairy Tales at night to my kids. 

I am hoping...for a bright and successful future to come.

I am looking forward to...a new home for my family and less worries about money. 

I am hearing...the voices of my two beautiful children as they learn to express themselves and grow into little people. 

Around the house...Madi went to the dentist this week and it was confirmed that she has an abscess on one of her front teeth.  She is going to have it extracted next week.  So far she has been a real trooper and I am grateful for that.  Oli is talking up a storm and really learning to express himself.  His favorite activity is to go outside and play in the backyard and he asks for it very clearly.  My boy is a real outside boy.  My husband Max is working on a new business venture that should be a more healthy situation for him and he will be working days.  Now we will get to spend more time together as a family. 


I am pondering..."I Surrender All"






One of my favorite things...the new quadrille pad my husband gave me my first day of class because I couldn't find my usual spiral notebook for note taking.  Now when I'm in class I can be reminded of how much my husband is there to support me. 

A few plans for the rest of the week...I hope to do a ton of loom knitting while watching movies with the family this weekend.  I also need to get a ton of reading done for my class.  The usual cleaning and eating will be fit in there as well. 



Here is picture for thought I am sharing...






Would you like to linger on the simple things...then join me and many others at "The Simple Woman's Daybook" in taking a little look into the days plans and thoughts of those who are focusing on simplicity...beauty of the 'everyday moments'. I will be posting a weekly update using this unique and simple format.

Emily Elliott

Some say he’s half man half fish, others say he’s more of a seventy/thirty split. Either way he’s a fishy bastard. Google

0 comments, Leave one: