Tasty Tuesday: Crock Pot Shredded Chicken

Shredded chicken sounded like the perfect thing to add to the taco salads for my meat eating family members that I was making for dinner the other night.  I realized though that I didn't have a recipe that I knew would work nor did I want to babysit my creation.  So, I decided to give it a go in the crock pot and keep it simple.  It turned out fantastically and I would definately try it again in the future.  Here's the recipe.  Enjoy!   

Crock Pot Shredded Chicken
1 bag of frozen chicken breasts or tenders
1 - 16 oz. jar of salsa
1 c. vegetable or chicken stock
2 T. dried parsley
1 T. cilantro
1-2 T. Tex Mex Chipotle Seasoning (optional)



Add all of the ingredients into the crock pot and stir to combine and coat the chicken.  Put the lid on and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8.  When chicken is cooked all the way through it should be very tender and can easily be shredded with two forks.  Shred all the chicken and serve in your favorite taco or on your favorite taco salad.  It also makes a great addition to tortilla soup. 


What are some of the ways you use shredded chicken in your cooking?



Our hosts for Tasty Tuesday are Balancing Beauty and Bedlam,  
Our host for Tutorial Tuesday is Hope Studio
Our host for Topsy Turvy Tuesday's is I'm Topsy Turvy.
Our host for Delectable Tuesday is Home Sweet Farm.
Our host for Tempt My Tummy Tuesday is Blessed With Grace.
Our host for Tuesdays at the Table is All the Small Stuff.
Our host for Tuesdays Tasty Tidbits is Permanent Posies.


Emily Elliott

Some say he’s half man half fish, others say he’s more of a seventy/thirty split. Either way he’s a fishy bastard. Google

0 comments, Leave one: