The Simple Woman's Daybook - Friday, April 15, 2011

11:30 PM 0 Comments

Outside my window...Another wet and gray spring day.  Things are really starting to get green around here and the bulbs are out in full force. 

I am thinking...that I desperately need a hair cut and I'm going to treat myself to one as soon as I can get there.  Madi needs one, too and so does Oli.  This would be his first.

I am thankful for...My heart is heavy today and it's hard to find something that I am thankful for without sounding fake and not sincere.  I could be thankful for the chocolate treat I just found in the kitchen...     

I am wearing...basic black.  It's comfortable and flattering.  What can I say?

I am remembering...how I like to have things organized and the way that I like to keep house.  It's hard to be yourself when you are keeping up someone else's house.   

I am currently reading...my husband's fantastic birthday present, the most recent book in the Clan of the Cave Bear Series by Jean Auel entitled, "The Land of Painted Caves: A Novel".  We have been waiting for this book for quite a few years now and it finally made it this spring to book stores.  I also got the hardcover edition of the first book of the series since that was the only one I didn't have in hardback.  I'm enjoying getting back into the story. 

I am hoping...for a bright and sunny weekend.  I would like to get out and enjoy some good weather.  But when all else fails there is a mall with a kids play place. 

On my mind...Taxes and Houses.  I have more calls to make and numbers to crunch.

Noticing that...I should probably be getting to bed earlier than I do. 

Pondering these words..."Chasing Pavements" by Adele has been in my head all day today.




From the kitchen...thinking about Easter dinner plans.  I am thinking about serving a crock pot chicken with mashed red potatoes and stuffed flounder.  The dessert should be something with berries I'm thinking.  I'm still a bit undecided. 
Around the house...Easter ideas are taking shape.  I have a couple of Easter baskets to plan and get the items for.  This is going to be fun!
One of my favorite things...a quiet house with no screaming kids and everything is peaceful.  I'm enjoying that right now.  I know it won't last long. 

From my camera... This is a glimpse into the Spring Walk I had with the kids this week.  You will see more great colors of Spring in Monday's Mosaic.  Aren't these tulips lovely?   

Would you like to linger on the simple things...then join me and many others at "The Simple Woman's Daybook" in taking a little look into the days plans and thoughts of those who are focusing on simplicity...beauty of the 'everyday moments'. I will be posting a weekly update using this unique and simple format.

Emily Elliott

Some say he’s half man half fish, others say he’s more of a seventy/thirty split. Either way he’s a fishy bastard. Google

0 comments, Leave one: