The Simple Woman's Daybook - Friday, March 4, 2011

11:27 PM 0 Comments

Outside my window...It was a thunderously gray rainy day today.  We never ventured out.  I am so glad that we got out of the house for a little while yesterday and enjoyed the warm, sunny weather. 

I am thinking...about my son who is battling some kind of sickness today.  I won't get into details but I have changed quite a few diapers today and he has been running a mild fever.  My boy is just not himself and not feeling good. 
 
I am thankful for...diapers and disposable baby wipes.  I can't imagine getting through this day in particular without them.  

I am wearing...the same clothes I slept in.  They were just so comfortable and I haven't had much time to change since I woke up to my sick son this morning. 

I am remembering...times when I was sick and not feeling well as a child.  My mother would put a sheet to cover the couch and I would camp out there surrounded by all the stuff I needed.  It was nice to be in the center of it all and still able to rest when I needed to.  Being sick can be so isolating. 

I am currently reading...I just finished a very thought provoking book called "The Shack" by William P. Young.  My grandmother had highly recommended it and I was able to borrow a copy to read.  I'm still pondering all the ideas in this book.  It's a great read that could easily be reread several times for study.

I am hoping...for a better day tomorrow and a good dose of health all around. 

On my mind...getting my son well; my more organized electronic to-do list that I have been working on this week and that has helped keep me focused all week; how to help my daughter have more confidence in her potty training.

Noticing that...God has given me the strength to get through this day and I am grateful. 

Pondering these words...
 
"The act of putting pen to paper encourages pause for thought, this in turn makes us think more deeply about life, which helps us regain our equilibrium."
  ~Norbet Platt


From the kitchen...last night I made mushroom stroganoff with egg noodles and green beans.  It's one of my favorite comfort foods.  Once I get the recipe written down I plan on sharing.  Today was a lazy pizza day at my husbands request and suggestion so I enjoyed some pineapple cheese pizza.  

Around the house...just keeping up with it all and trying not to get too overwhelmed today.  My son has needed me to hold him so much today that not a lot was accomplished in the house cleaning area.  I did get one load in the dishwasher washing, some laundry going and the trash taken out.  More tomorrow for sure.

One of my favorite things...cuddly blankets and pillows.  They have helped make today so much more comfortable and soothing.

From my camera...I took a couple shots of some of the neat Valentine's paper goods that my local Hy-Vee had on display last month.  I love the patterns and the color combinations.   



Would you like to linger on the simple things...then join me and many others at "The Simple Woman's Daybook" in taking a little look into the days plans and thoughts of those who are focusing on simplicity...beauty of the 'everyday moments'. I will be posting a weekly update using this unique and simple format.

Emily Elliott

Some say he’s half man half fish, others say he’s more of a seventy/thirty split. Either way he’s a fishy bastard. Google

0 comments, Leave one: