The Simple Woman's Daybook - Friday, March 18, 2011

11:52 PM 0 Comments

Outside my window...Today was just beautiful!  I made sure that the kids and I got outside to enjoy it. 

I am thinking...about the future and what it's going to take to make our family's dreams a reality.  It's time to really focus and get things done.

I am thankful for...the time I have had the last few days to spend with my husband.  Sometimes we only get a few minutes but it reminds me each time how important we are to each other.  It's much needed connection time.  

I am wearing...Comfy PJ's 

I am remembering...that I should be in bed right now but I realized that I forgot to make this post.  :-)

I am currently reading...Three Cups of Tea: One Man's Mission to Promote Peace... One School at a Time   It's on the United Methodist Woman's Reading list and I have been meaning to read it for awhile now.  I just got started to I'll keep you posted.

I am hoping...for easy answers to tough problems. 

On my mind...How I can make more time in my day.  I just need a few more hours added to each day to get things done.  I know that's impossible but it's fun to dream every once in awhile.  Then I jump back to reality and continue to try to figure out how I can streamline my days so I can get what I need to get accomplished completed.

Noticing that...I love peace and quiet and I miss meditating and practicing yoga. 

Pondering these words...

"Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake."


From the kitchen...I did some baking today.  I made a mint chocolate cake, raspberry mini muffins and oatmeal raisin walnut carrot bars.  I am planning on bringing some to a meeting at church tomorrow.

Around the house...There was a lot of laughter today which I think we all needed.

One of my favorite things...all the lovely free printables on the web these days.  There are too many to name here but I hope to share the ones I find and how I use them in future posts.

From my camera...I don't have the patience right now to get the pictures I have taken off my camera and organized right now so I will leave you with a picture that I found while looking for pictures of crosses for my weekly Lenten Devotional on my other blog the Elliott Music Studio.  Enjoy!
stock.xchng


Would you like to linger on the simple things...then join me and many others at "The Simple Woman's Daybook" in taking a little look into the days plans and thoughts of those who are focusing on simplicity...beauty of the 'everyday moments'. I will be posting a weekly update using this unique and simple format.

Emily Elliott

Some say he’s half man half fish, others say he’s more of a seventy/thirty split. Either way he’s a fishy bastard. Google

0 comments, Leave one: