The Simple Woman's Daybook – Saturday, September 15, 2012

Outside my window... Clouds have rolled in but no chance for rain. I sigh because I had hoped to wash some plastic tubs and let them dry in the nice warm sun before I store them. I will just have to see.

I am thinking...That is has been awhile since I have put my thoughts into this kind of entry. I have been sadly absent from my blog. My life has gotten quite busy and complicated in the last year and I'm starting to straighten some of it out finally. None of it has been easy but I am stronger because of it. You should be seeing me around the blogosphere more. That's my plan anyway.

I am thankful for...musical memories. I was able to upload all of my music that I once had on my computer this week and it has been one big trip down memory lane.




I am wearing...Pj's of course. :)

I am remembering...what it's like to be loved and appreciated. I need to reach out more. My friends are wonderful and just as busy as I am.

I am currently reading...A new fairy chapter book for night time kiddo reading and a couple others that I have wanted to read for awhile. Goodreads helps me to keep it all organized.

Emily's currently-reading book montage

Bird by Bird: Some Instructions on Writing and Life
Church History
Dreamer: A Novel
Fairies and the Quest for Never Land


Emily's favorite books »


I am hoping...
That I can stop playing catch up all the time with household maintenance. I have been working on systems that I have in place and evaluating if they work or not. Tweaks have been made and I'm feeling more confident. Filing and paperwork are what bug me the most. Laundry and dishes are another mountain I never seem to reach the summit of but I keep at it.

On my mind...
Balancing all the things I want to do and making time for the important things in life. I worked out with a friend two times this week and had forgotten how much I love doing that and how awesome I feel after getting some exercise. My mantra this week: remember how awesome this feels and repeat. That includes jumping into the shower even when I am so tired and don't feel like it. Taking the time to be outdoors and play with my kids even though my to-do list inside is the size of China.

Noticing that...
I have no reason not to be comfortable in my own skin. Sure I should probably weigh less and work out more but that is no reason not to love myself and embrace who I am and who I am becoming. I would love to figure out how to completely get rid of adult acne though. Just thought I would put that out there.

Pondering these words...

From the kitchen...
A warm Chai Latte with soy milk and hazelnut syrup served with Kashi Heart to Heart cereal. I'm in heaven.

Around the house...
More organizing and storing things. I am getting to the end of the stuff I brought home from the storage unit. I have had two yard sales and have donated quite a bit. Now I am packing what I want to save. It's also time to think about switching seasonal clothes around. I started on it when we went back to school but it is almost time to put the summer clothes and accessories away until next season.

One of my favorite things...
Cozy bed coverings with lots of pillows. It's like a great big hug.

From my camera...we weren't sure if the purple cone flower would actually bloom again these summer due to the drought but it surprised us with this beautiful blooms.




Would you like to linger on the simple things...then join me and many others at "The Simple Woman's Daybook" in taking a little look into the days plans and thoughts of those who are focusing on simplicity...beauty of the 'everyday moments'. I will be posting a weekly update using this unique and simple format.

Emily Elliott

Some say he’s half man half fish, others say he’s more of a seventy/thirty split. Either way he’s a fishy bastard. Google

0 comments, Leave one: