The Simple Woman's Daybook - Friday, January 27, 2011

10:00 AM 0 Comments

-->FOR TODAY

Outside my window...it's still dark outside. I get up way too early these days.

I am thinking...about the fact that I have taken my own sweet time updating crafty creations since Christmas but I assure you I have a good excuse.

I am thankful...great big kid hugs when you really need it.

In the kitchen...I finally made my pumpkin pie last night and I got to share the whole process with my 5 year old daughter Madi. It was just as much her pie as it was mine and it turned out fabulously. It was well worth the wait. Madi even told me, “Mom, I love cooking with you today.” Now that warms the heart.




I am wearing...my favorite black corduroys and Merrell shoes with a peachy coral cardigan set. I'm feeling quite pulled together today.

I am creating...a crafty business! I have two commissions that I am working on right now. One project is a crochet neck warmer and wristers set in purple and the other is my new scarf design in a variegated yarn in blues and greens. I will unveil more soon!

I am going...to work at the book store as my family and I talk about it. I will be working most of the day and riding the bus home.

I am wondering...about who my kids will become as they grow up. I was looking at my son watching TV yesterday and I could see a glimpse of his future self in his sweet face. Things that mothers ponder...

I am reading...a great new to me book, “Fa la la la la Felt” that has a ton of great craft ideas for felt. It also has helped me understand the different kinds of felt and uses. Watch out 100% wool sweaters! You just might get felted. I am quite inspired!

I am hoping...to start organizing my craft supplies and get a better handle on what I have so I don't double buy. That is just annoying. I have some new bins and baskets that will help in the endeavor.

I am looking forward to...Tonight we have a birthday party for my daughter's best friend, Livi at a kids play place. Good times!

I am learning...a ton about starting a crafty business successfully. I have a list of book titles and resources to share next week perhaps.

Around the house...Well, Christmas has finally been put away and things are starting to get freshened up a little. This holiday season has been a test for all of us. Starting with my daughter everyone got sick the week of Christmas into New Year's and we haven't been quite all well since. It has been four weeks of yuckiness but it looks like we are on the backside of it now. (Knock on wood. Fingers crossed.) I didn't get the worst of it but I have been taking care of my kids who were just miserable and at those ages there aren't a lot of over the counter medicine options. My patience reserve has been taxed quite a bit lately. So, that's my big reason why no updates have happened here lately. I have been swamped or not well.

I am pondering...ways that I can get more productive alone time without sacrificing the little sleep I do get each night...discuss!

A favorite quote for today...

“Tough times never last, but tough people do.”
- Robert H. Schuller

One of my favorite things...the color orange and new bed sheets. (Thank you, mom!)

A few plans for the rest of the week: After today's work and our friends birthday party this weekend I have ballet for Madi on Saturday plus her daddy daughter date and a much needed trip to the grocery store.

A peek into my day...Madi has taken to writing her apologies out for me when she is feeling sorry.  I love how she is learning to write and express herself.




Would you like to linger on the simple things...then join me and many others at "The Simple Woman's Daybook" in taking a little look into the day plans and thoughts of those who are focusing on simplicity...beauty of the 'everyday moments'. I will be posting a weekly update using this unique and simple format.


Emily Elliott

Some say he’s half man half fish, others say he’s more of a seventy/thirty split. Either way he’s a fishy bastard. Google

0 comments, Leave one: