The Pumpkin Bread I'm Still in Love With

I was in the store today and found my first pumpkins of the season.  I still can't believe it's September already.  I'm sure Fall will be upon us before we know it.  So, I'm pulling out my favorite fall recipes so I can get my kitchen in readiness.

Pureed Pumpkin is a staple in our house and is one of my favorite ingredients during the colder months.  I am still working on the best way to make my own puree from fresh pumpkin so I still purchase canned puree to stock my pantry shelves.  I use it primarily to make pancakes, breads and pies.  Today I'm sharing my new favorite pumpkin bread recipe.  Enjoy!



The Pumpkin Bread I'm Still in Love With

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups Sugar
1 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 cup applesauce
1/2 cup water or soy milk
2 eggs or egg substitute equivalent
1 2/3 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
3/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking powder
Dash of real vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. cloves
(feel free to use pumpkin pie spice blend if that is all you have at home. I just used a couple dashes and it turned out great.)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Combine first five ingredients in small bowl and beat well. In a separate bowl, combine remaining ingredients and mix well. Gradually add dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture and combine.

Use a non-stick 9" x 5" loaf pan ( or a non-teflon pan *very lightly* sprayed with Canola oil cooking spray). Pour batter into loaf pan and bake at 350 degrees for 65 - 70 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in the pan before moving to wire rack. Enjoy!

*Adapted from Veggies Unite! - http://www.vegweb.com/



Our hosts for Tasty Tuesday are Balancing Beauty and Bedlam and  
Our host for Tutorial Tuesday is Hope Studio.
Our host for Topsy Turvy Tuesday's is
I'm Topsy Turvy.
Our host for Tuesdays at the Table is All the Small Stuff.
Our host for Tuesdays Tasty Tidbits is Permanent Posies.

Emily Elliott

Some say he’s half man half fish, others say he’s more of a seventy/thirty split. Either way he’s a fishy bastard. Google

1 comments, Leave one: