The Simple Woman's Daybook - Friday, June 24, 2011

4:18 PM 0 Comments

Outside my window...We have been blessed with nice sunny days this week that weren't too hot to stand to be outside.  We haven't seen the ducks that have taken to the back yard in a few days so I am keeping my fingers crossed that they haven't relocated for the season. 

I am thinking...about business building, goals and future plans

I am thankful for...time spent with my children.

I am wearing...my sunkist soda shirt and black shorts.  I decided today was going to be a comfy day. 

I am remembering...when life seemed to be simpler and adult responsibilities seemed a long way off. 

I am currently reading...Have you heard of Goodreads?  It's one of my favorite ways to track the books I read and from my last update you will see that I haven't read much of anything in the form of a book for awhile.  Are you finding time for summer reading?   

I am hoping...for a magic wand or a gene with three wishes for me.  I'll keep you posted. 

On my mind...Just trying to keep my mind organized and focused.  I need to keep my eyes on the prize.   
Noticing that...my list of things to work on keeps getting bigger and bigger. 

Pondering these words...Keep on the sunny side!




From the kitchen...We had taco salad and tacos for dinner last night.  I tried my hand at making shredded chicken tacos using the crock pot.  It turned out pretty good so I was told.  Recipe to come.
Around the house...My daughter is being silly in the living room while others are trying to watch a movie.  My son is sleeping peacefully in the bedroom and I am getting a few mintues here to write. 
One of my favorite things...The smell of tomatoes on my hands after tending the vegetable garden. 

From my camera...we had a nice time at our annual church picnic this month.  I was able to get a couple nice pictures of the kids and enjoy some nice fellowship.  The classic kids games like sack races and the egg toss were also a lot of fun. 


 
Would you like to linger on the simple things...then join me and many others at "The Simple Woman's Daybook" in taking a little look into the days plans and thoughts of those who are focusing on simplicity...beauty of the 'everyday moments'. I will be posting a weekly update using this unique and simple format.

Emily Elliott

Some say he’s half man half fish, others say he’s more of a seventy/thirty split. Either way he’s a fishy bastard. Google

0 comments, Leave one: