The Simple Woman's Daybook - Friday, May 20, 2011

1:38 PM 0 Comments

Outside my window...An amazingly rainy, grey day.  When I woke up this morning I honestly wondered if it was still night, it was that dark outside.  So, much for getting out and checking on the garden. 

I am thinking...that there is so much to do and so little time to do it in. 

I am thankful for...different perspectives and the opportunity to learn.  

I am wearing...classic black (Did you have to ask?)
I am remembering...how optimistic and driven I was in my teens.  I was told much later by a good friend of mine how amazed they were that I did all the stuff I did and didn't have a major breakdown from all the stress.  Part of me wishes they had told me that sooner and part of me thinks that I wouldn't have listened anyway.  I always felt that what I was doing was what I was supposed to be doing and that I was no different from anyone else.  I have since learned that was not the case.    

I am currently reading...Online materials for internet marketing.  Fun, I know but something that I have been wanting to learn more about for some time now.  I'm excited about putting it into practice.

I am hoping...for a very large personal miracle or maybe a big billboard like sign that I am on the right path.   
On my mind...We are full swing into our months of birthdays.  I celebrated mine in April.  My husband will celebrate his later this month.  My youngest son will be turning two in June and my oldest, Madi will be 5 in August.  My husband has joked that we need to have one more child that will be born in July to finish the trend of monthly birthday celebrations.  He is quite the kidder.   

Noticing that...I'm feeling sentimental lately.  I'm at a cross roads in my life and my career that has left me thinking about the past.  Sometimes I am amazed at how far I have come and other times I worry that I haven't done enough.  I guess being so close to 30 years old will do that to a person.   

Pondering these words...I wake up to this song as my alarm clock every morning. 




From the kitchen...Last night we had spaghetti and turkey meatballs or veggie burger with garlic bread and it was mighty tasty.  So tasty in fact that I think we are having spaghetti again for lunch today. 

Around the house...just too many things that need to get done.  I have organizing to do and basic cleaning.  Since we have been sick so much this month I haven't had the energy or the will to do a lot of anything.  This weekend I should be able to catch up a little.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed. 

One of my favorite things...pasta and lots of it! 

From my camera...Next week I have plans to share more of our summer gardening adventure so here is a sneak peak.  I love the graphic nature of these two intertwining garden hoses.  I believe we got them straightened back out for now.


Would you like to linger on the simple things...then join me and many others at "The Simple Woman's Daybook" in taking a little look into the days plans and thoughts of those who are focusing on simplicity...beauty of the 'everyday moments'. I will be posting a weekly update using this unique and simple format.

Emily Elliott

Some say he’s half man half fish, others say he’s more of a seventy/thirty split. Either way he’s a fishy bastard. Google

0 comments, Leave one: