Mosaic Monday: Thrifted Granny

My Grandma Harvey has an amazing afghan collection.  She has been collecting afghans mostly from thrift stores for decades.  The last time I visited I made sure that I snapped a few pictures of these yarn beauties.

Today's mosaic is of a thrifted granny square afghan that has every color in the rainbow represented.  the granny square is such a versatile pattern.  It's a great way to use up yarn leftovers to make something both functional and beautiful for your home.

I have to be honest here and say that I have never actually attempted to make a granny square.  For an active crocheter that's pretty embarrassing I will admit.  I do have it on my list of patterns to work on in the future though.  I have been saving up those left over yarn balls that come after so many finished projects.  I know there is a granny square in my future.      



Mary of Little Red House is our hostess for Mosaic Monday
Each mosaic is unique and has it's own story to tell.

E Elliott

Some say he’s half man half fish, others say he’s more of a seventy/thirty split. Either way he’s a fishy bastard. Google

0 comments, Leave one: