Considering Metal Stamping...
I have loved the look of letters stamped on metal for some time now and have even contemplated purchasing a custom piece. But then I got to thinking that I could try my hand at metal stamping and make my own. How hard could it be, right?![]() |
| Source: Etsy FiredUpLadiesHammer Personalized Necklace |
So I found this video from the Hands Occupied blog (I've tried to embed it here several times but for some strange reason blogger doesn't want it to show.) that gave me a simple look into the tools and basic techniques needed to do metal stamping. The demonstration is very simple but it makes me wonder if I should just get a kit and give it a try. I admire stamped metal all the time in stores and now I could make my own.
So, what do you think? Should I invest in some tools and see where it leads me or should I save my pennies for some of the beautiful creations on Etsy? Maybe I'll just do both. I'll keep you posted.
.png)


Metal stamping has many uses. I have here my metal keychain and it has my name on it. Thanks for the idea of metal stamping.
ReplyDelete