The Simple Woman's Daybook - Friday, March 25, 2011
Outside my window...Mother nature is playing a cruel trick on us. The world feels like winter again. Where did spring go?
I am thinking...that my son needs to learn to talk soon or express himself better because I don't think I can take another morning like this one. He screamed and hated the world for over and hour. It all started when he refused to sit in his high chair for breakfast. I was planning on taking everyone out today to stroll around Target but that just wasn't possible.
I am thankful for...sympathetic ears.
I am wearing...my pj's still since I haven't had time to get dressed yet due to this morning's chaos.
I am remembering...yesterday and the amazing mix-up with my Cricket phone provider who lost my payment that was made on time and turned our phones off yesterday. I didn't figure this out until half the morning was over. It took three calls to Cricket, two calls to my bank, a call to my friend Ericka to see if I had three way calling and a hour and half of my time that I won't get back. Luckily no one tried to call my husband that morning for work related stuff.
I am currently reading...Still working on Three Cups of Tea: One Man's Mission to Promote Peace... One School at a Time
I am hoping...for some relief. I am feeling pretty weary today.
On my mind...all the stuff mentioned above and then some. It seems like too much of a list to write down and in the scheme of things some of the stuff my mind is processing seems so trivial. All I can say is that it could be worse.
Noticing that...I'm not afraid to wear a bright pink shirt with my standard black pants.
Pondering these words...
From the kitchen...I made some yummy smelling vegetable marinara sauce in the crock pot yesterday that I need to finish today. I will be baking stuffed shells or manicoti with it today for dinner. Add a nice salad and some crusty garlic bread and I will be set.
Around the house...Working on decorating for Easter and spring. We colored eggs last weekend and plan to do another dozen or so closer to the Easter holiday. Our Easter tree is beginning to take shape in my mind. Now I just have to get to the execution of the idea.
One of my favorite things...clean underwear when you thought you had none.
![]() |
| Cute Hy-Vee Gnome |
Would you like to linger on the simple things...then join me and many others at "The Simple Woman's Daybook" in taking a little look into the days plans and thoughts of those who are focusing on simplicity...beauty of the 'everyday moments'. I will be posting a weekly update using this unique and simple format.
.png)


Hi Emily! I know what you mean! That's why I decided to take the De-cluttering challenge. Creative blog!! Thanks for stopping by(:
ReplyDeleteThanks Mrs. Gertha! It's great to have another friend in the blog-o-sphere. That de-cluttering challenge sounds interesting. Is there a specific program you are following? I would love to see the the link.
ReplyDelete