Mosaic Monday: Thrifted Granny

My Grandma Harvey has an amazing afghan collection.  She has been collecting afghans mostly from thrift stores for decades.  The last time I visited I made sure that I snapped a few pictures of these yarn beauties.

Today's mosaic is of a thrifted granny square afghan that has every color in the rainbow represented.  the granny square is such a versatile pattern.  It's a great way to use up yarn leftovers to make something both functional and beautiful for your home.

I have to be honest here and say that I have never actually attempted to make a granny square.  For an active crocheter that's pretty embarrassing I will admit.  I do have it on my list of patterns to work on in the future though.  I have been saving up those left over yarn balls that come after so many finished projects.  I know there is a granny square in my future.      



Mary of Little Red House is our hostess for Mosaic Monday
Each mosaic is unique and has it's own story to tell.

Emily Elliott

Some say he’s half man half fish, others say he’s more of a seventy/thirty split. Either way he’s a fishy bastard. Google

0 comments, Leave one: