The Simple Woman's Daybook - Friday, October 5th, 2012

11:43 AM 0 Comments

Outside my window...Fall is here and the world is getting chilly.  I like this in-between time.  This year it has been pretty dry and very little rain which is how I like it but I know it's not good for the plants.  Yesterday the kids and I counted 12 trees in the neighborhood that have started to turn a beautiful yellow color.  The red Japanese maples in the front yard have suffered due to the drought so more leaves are crispy than red.  I wonder if more plants that turn red in the fall are suffering, too.  

I am thinking...I need a shower and maybe a hair cut.  I am pretty sure my new hair style has grown out a bit and lost its shape.  I'm not used to maintaining shorter hair.  I like it though and love the ease of it.  I don't have much time to spend on my hair these days and I know that I can't really pull off the long hair I used to have.  Maybe a call to my salon friend is in order.   

I am thankful for...patience to be present and enjoy the process rather than focus just on the destination.  Without the process you aren't equipped with the tools you need to be the best you can be once you get where you are going.  I am impatient so most of the time I begrudge the process but I'm starting to see where the wisdom lies in it.  Now it's time to be consistent and do the work. 




I am wearing...today I'm in all black being mysterious or I'm just feeling lazy and I didn't want to think about how things go together.  Later I will get in my leaving the house clothes and might make more of an effort. 

I am remembering...how much I enjoy going out into the world and meeting new people.  We all need our friends and the only way you are going to get any and keep them is by being present and spending time. 

I am currently reading...my new copy of Shape magazine and bits and pieces of the books I listed last time.  I haven't finished any yet.  I haven't read as much in the last couple weeks.  I've been kinda tired. 
  
I am hoping...for crafty business success.  I have taken some great pictures of my finished products and now I have to compose the listings.  More crafty fun to come!

On my mind...The states of things.  There are so many unknowns and variables.  I say the serenity prayer a lot these days.
Source: appleseeds.org via Tara on Pinterest



Noticing that...deep breathing works and writing in a journal has surprised me quite a bit. I just might keep that up for awhile and see where it leads me.     

Pondering these words...

 "It takes ten times as long to put yourself back together as it does to fall apart." 
 ~Finnick Odair

From the kitchen...I have made it a point to cook more the past couple weeks.  I had been so busy lately that I have been relying on convenience stuff and that just make a person satisfied.  So, yesterday I slow simmered my own spaghetti sauce and put in an Italian casserole bake for this weekend.  I also made a simple Asian stir fry with noodles for dinner with a little help from the freezer section egg rolls.  It was nice to eat so many veggies in one meal.  A friend had a birthday this week so there is a cake to be made and a grocery story trip to stock up on fresh stuff and staples for the next week or so.   

Around the house...I'm getting a handle on all the stuff and have continued to pare down and donate or trash things as they come across my path.  This weekend I have plans to put summer clothes away for the season and clean and straighten the kid's room to freshen it up a bit.   

One of my favorite things...fuzzy, soft fleece blankets.  I can't get enough of them and want them in all sorts of colors and sizes.  They are just so cozy and wrap you in a soft, warm hug.

From my camera... It had been awhile since I had taken pictures of my kids so when we went to visit family in September I took the time to snap a few new ones.  Of course I just today posted them on Facebook for all to see and got them off my camera but better late then never.  





Would you like to linger on the simple things...then join me and many others at "The Simple Woman's Daybook" in taking a little look into the days plans and thoughts of those who are focusing on simplicity...beauty of the 'everyday moments'. I will be posting a weekly update using this unique and simple format.

Emily Elliott

Some say he’s half man half fish, others say he’s more of a seventy/thirty split. Either way he’s a fishy bastard. Google

0 comments, Leave one: