Considering Metal Stamping...

I have loved the look of letters stamped on metal for some time now and have even contemplated purchasing a custom piece.  But then I got to thinking that I could try my hand at metal stamping and make my own.  How hard could it be, right?

Source: Etsy FiredUpLadiesHammer Personalized Necklace

So I found this video from the Hands Occupied blog (I've tried to embed it here several times but for some strange reason blogger doesn't want it to show.) that gave me a simple look into the tools and basic techniques needed to do metal stamping.  The demonstration is very simple but it makes me wonder if I should just get a kit and give it a try.  I admire stamped metal all the time in stores and now I could make my own.

So, what do you think?  Should I invest in some tools and see where it leads me or should I save my pennies for some of the beautiful creations on Etsy?   Maybe I'll just do both.  I'll keep you posted. 

Emily Elliott

Some say he’s half man half fish, others say he’s more of a seventy/thirty split. Either way he’s a fishy bastard. Google

1 comments, Leave one: