The Simple Woman's Daybook – Friday, November 11, 2011

12:20 PM 0 Comments


Outside my window...It's a sunny fall day that started out pretty cold. 


I am thinking...about our special family cat, Sugar.  She is with God now and we miss her terribly. 

I am thankful for...my bookstore job that gets me out into the world a few times a week and lets me use my God given skills.

I am wearing...a great light green wrap shirt that I found in my mother's closet and jeans.  Casual but pulled together. 

I am remembering...Veterans that have served our country.  Thank you! 

I am currently reading...United Methodist Doctrine class readings.  I have several to catch up on. 

I am hoping...that Madi continues to love school and learning as much as she does today.  My little five year old started Kindergarten and I'm such a proud mommy.

On my mind...stuff and things.  Not very descriptive I know but that's how I feel. 

Noticing that...I'm not doing too bad all things considered.  There still hope in my life. 

Pondering these words...I sang this with the choir at the seminary school where I work.  It's has made quite the ear worm this past week.


From the kitchen...I had leftovers of some kicked up boxed stroganoff for lunch last week.  Tonight it was mac and cheese from the blue box with peas.  Nothing to impressive has come from the kitchen lately.  I've just been too busy and the food budget has been too tight.

Around the house...I need to get organized and start bringing things out of storage.  I am ready to have my things around me again so I can be comforted and inspired. 

One of my favorite things...the smell of freshly peeled citrus.  

From my camera... I came to my United Methodist Doctrine class a couple weeks ago and one of my classmates had brought peanut butter and jelly cupcakes to share.  It was an awesome treat at 8am and a much needed breakfast. 



Would you like to linger on the simple things...then join me and many others at "The Simple Woman's Daybook" in taking a little look into the days plans and thoughts of those who are focusing on simplicity...beauty of the 'everyday moments'. I will be posting a weekly update using this unique and simple format.

Emily Elliott

Some say he’s half man half fish, others say he’s more of a seventy/thirty split. Either way he’s a fishy bastard. Google

0 comments, Leave one: