The Simple Woman's Daybook - Friday, July 22, 2011

1:22 AM 0 Comments

Outside my window...This heatwave seems endless. I'm just trying to keep cool and the plants watered.

I am thinking...that I am in great need of a shower and I'm tired of sweating.

I am thankful...for windows that open when doors close. It is so nice to be reminded that prayers do get answered.

In the kitchen...I have another strawberry pie in the works. The grocery store was out of rhubarb so I am thinking about a mixed berry pie. So far I have strawberries and blueberries.  I have a recipe to ponder.

I am wearing...my pj's for as long as I can get away with it.

I am creating...a bunch of future blog posts. I'm finally catching up with list of ideas and all the photos I have taken. If I get enough preposted my posting schedule will get more consistent. Here's to being organized!

I am going...crazy...but aren't all moms a little crazy?

I am wondering...why I have never tried Southern Blackberry Cobbler ice cream. It's an amazing taste. I just might eat the whole pint. They were on sale this past week at Hy-Vee.

I am reading...about how to start a successful blog in seven days. There might be a few changes around the blog.

I am hoping...for a smooth transition next week as I start a new chapter in my employment journey and start a new part-time job at a Christian bookstore. I am also hoping that my kids take the change well. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I am looking forward to...what the weekend holds.

I am hearing...the voices of children's TV programing and silent children. This break will be short lived but very welcome.

Around the house...I'm playing catch-up. I have quite a few things that have added up on my list of household to-do's and it's time to get them off the list. Dishes, laundry, bedroom organizing, bathroom cleaning, storage organizing...the list keeps going.

I am pondering...Missouri's Medicaid system. How is MO Healthnet coverage helping women when no doctor I have talked to this week (from the list the state of Missouri provides) takes it like Medicaid says they will? I still haven't found anyone that will take it and let me make an appointment.

One of my favorite things...the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson. I record it and watch it at breakfast. It brightens my day.

A few plans for the rest of the week...I have errands to run today so I can pay bills (fun!), keeping cool, finishing a few projects on my desk that I keep meaning to get to, having some good quality play time with the kidos

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...I got these purse handles for a steal several months ago and I have yet to do something with them.  Any ideas?


 

Would you like to linger on the simple things...then join me and many others at "The Simple Woman's Daybook" in taking a little look into the days plans and thoughts of those who are focusing on simplicity...beauty of the 'everyday moments'. I will be posting a weekly update using this unique and simple format.

Emily Elliott

Some say he’s half man half fish, others say he’s more of a seventy/thirty split. Either way he’s a fishy bastard. Google

0 comments, Leave one: