The Simple Woman's Daybook - Friday, March 25, 2011

11:05 AM 2 Comments

Outside my window...Mother nature is playing a cruel trick on us.  The world feels like winter again.  Where did spring go? 

I am thinking...that my son needs to learn to talk soon or express himself better because I don't think I can take another morning like this one.  He screamed and hated the world for over and hour.  It all started when he refused to sit in his high chair for breakfast.  I was planning on taking everyone out today to stroll around Target but that just wasn't possible.

I am thankful for...sympathetic ears.

I am wearing...my pj's still since I haven't had time to get dressed yet due to this morning's chaos.  

I am remembering...yesterday and the amazing mix-up with my Cricket phone provider who lost my payment that was made on time and turned our phones off yesterday.  I didn't figure this out until half the morning was over.  It took three calls to Cricket, two calls to my bank, a call to my friend Ericka to see if I had three way calling and a hour and half of my time that I won't get back.  Luckily no one tried to call my husband that morning for work related stuff.    

I am currently reading...Still working on Three Cups of Tea: One Man's Mission to Promote Peace... One School at a Time .  I haven't had much to time to read in the past week and I managed to hid my book in a pile of stuff I wanted to look at and couldn't find it for a few days.  

I am hoping...for some relief.  I am feeling pretty weary today.

On my mind...all the stuff mentioned above and then some.  It seems like too much of a list to write down and in the scheme of things some of the stuff my mind is processing seems so trivial.  All I can say is that it could be worse.

Noticing that...I'm not afraid to wear a bright pink shirt with my standard black pants.  
 
Pondering these words...
"Gratefulness is the key to a happy life that we hold in our hands, because if we are not grateful, then no matter how much we have we will not be happy -- because we will always want to have something else or something more."
- David Steindl-Rast
From the kitchen...I made some yummy smelling vegetable marinara sauce in the crock pot yesterday that I need to finish today.  I will be baking stuffed shells or manicoti with it today for dinner.  Add a nice salad and some crusty garlic bread and I will be set.

Around the house...Working on decorating for Easter and spring.  We colored eggs last weekend and plan to do another dozen or so closer to the Easter holiday.  Our Easter tree is beginning to take shape in my mind.  Now I just have to get to the execution of the idea. 

One of my favorite things...clean underwear when you thought you had none.
 
From my camera...I have decided I would like a lawn gnome in my next garden.  I would love to find one that looks like the gnome in the movie Amelie.  That movie is one of my favorites!  So, I'm shopping around to find the perfect one.  Here's a picture I took of one at our local Hy-Vee store.  He's kinda cute don't you think?

Cute Hy-Vee Gnome


Would you like to linger on the simple things...then join me and many others at "The Simple Woman's Daybook" in taking a little look into the days plans and thoughts of those who are focusing on simplicity...beauty of the 'everyday moments'. I will be posting a weekly update using this unique and simple format.

Emily Elliott

Some say he’s half man half fish, others say he’s more of a seventy/thirty split. Either way he’s a fishy bastard. Google

2 comments, Leave one: