The Simple Woman's Daybook - Saturday, February 12, 2011

7:17 PM 0 Comments

Outside my window...The world is finally starting to thaw but we are still covered in the white stuff. 

I am thinking...I am hoping that I feel better soon so that I can enjoy this nice warm-up.  The kids and I have contracted an amazing chest cough.  I am feeling crappy to say the least.  I better go wash my hands for the millionth time today. 

I am thankful for...facial tissues.  They are awesome!

I am wearing...my pj's.  I am contemplating getting dressed though.  It could happen today.  But then again it's not like I'm leaving my house anytime soon so why bother.

I am remembering...that this too will pass.

I am currently reading...my new Martha Stewart Living Magazine as well as my Family Circle

I am hoping...for some congestion relief and a good nights sleep.  I have to get up early tomorrow and sing during worship at church.  We will see...

On my mind...ways to keep my kids comfortable while we suffer with this cold. 

Noticing that...we are quite irritable and my usually patient self is not doing so well.  I am running low on patience.  I'm also depressed and amazingly bored.  There are things to do around here but I just don't have the energy to do any of it.  Maybe tomorrow... 

Pondering these words...
 
"If I had my way I'd make health catching instead of disease."
  ~Robert Ingersoll
 
From the kitchen...nothing profound or awesome.  I made chinese last night with a lot of help from the frozen foods at Aldi's.  I am thinking tonight is going to be submarine sandwiches and maybe soup.  I just can't seem to get motivated to cook much and I need to go to the store and get all the stuff I couldn't the last time.  That would involve getting dressed and leaving the house.  Two things I haven't done much of in the last two days.  

Around the house...just barely doing enough so I can stand hanging around in it to be honest.  I need to take out the trash and vaccum all the floors but my energy level sucks.  Luckily nothing smells.  That's a bonus right now.

One of my favorite things... socks when my feet are cold and comfy, black lounge clothes.

From my camera... I took a few pictures from my cricket android phonerecently.  I need to find the charging cable for my other camera so I can get a few more pictures transfered.  Maybe the house elves will help me locate it.  
 
Love Birds

Tunic & Cardigan I am considering from Lane Bryant 

Heart Shaped Conversation Heart Wreath



Would you like to linger on the simple things...then join me and many others at "The Simple Woman's Daybook" in taking a little look into the days plans and thoughts of those who are focusing on simplicity...beauty of the 'everyday moments'. I will be posting a weekly update using this unique and simple format.

Emily Elliott

Some say he’s half man half fish, others say he’s more of a seventy/thirty split. Either way he’s a fishy bastard. Google

0 comments, Leave one: