The Simple Woman's Daybook - Friday, January 21, 2011

8:24 AM 0 Comments

Outside my window...tons of snow. I mean TONS! Oh, and I just looked up and it's snowing again. I'm not kidding.

I am thinking...about my friends. So many of us had a really hard year last year and 2011 isn't getting any easier. I can't wait until we all can catch a break for awhile. It would be nice.

I am thankful for...all my family's blessings. We are a blessed people.

I am wearing...Jeans and a long sleeve t-shirt. Just right for a cozy day at home.

I am remembering...Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. and his legacy. What a remarkable man.

I am currently reading...I just finished reading "Home is Always the Place You Just Left: A Memoir of Restless Longing and Persistent Grace" by Betty Smartt Carter. I appreciated her candor about her faith journey. It's a quick and interesting read. I am also reading "Living the Simple Life" by Elaine St. James

I am hoping...for a break in this snow. I am ready for warmer temperatures.

On my mind...the future and the many things I want to accomplish in my life. I am making a plan to start accomplishing some of those goals.

Noticing that...if I am patient and continue to work routine into our day both me and my children continue to thrive and there are more moments of peace. I was able to get practice time at the piano for the last two days and that has been such a struggle before.

Pondering these words...

"Faith is taking the first step even when you can't see the whole staircase."
Martin Luther King Jr.

From the kitchen...I had a bag of baking potatoes that I needed to figure out what to do with so I decided to make potato corn chowder last night for dinner. It was a bit spicy because I let Madi help in the kitchen last night and she put in the green tabasco sauce. Madi also rolled the cresent rolls all by herself and we baked them together. She was so proud of her work that before we all got to the table for dinner she was passing them out for people to taste.

Around the house...I finally go the table cleaned off in the kitchen for lunch today. That lasted less than 10 minutes but I still feel a sense of accomplishment. Now on to vaccuming the floors and if I get really adventurous I will attempt some snow removal.

One of my favorite things...blue corn chips with guacamole. I have eaten a little bit of it everyday this week.

From my camera... a picture of Madi and Oli that I took towards the end of 2010. I have taken pictures since then but none are off the camera and organized. Maybe that is something to tackle on tomorrow's to-do list...





Would you like to linger on the simple things...then join me and many others at "The Simple Woman's Daybook" in taking a little look into the days plans and thoughts of those who are focusing on simplicity...beauty of the 'everyday moments'. I will be posting a weekly update using this unique and simple format.

Emily Elliott

Some say he’s half man half fish, others say he’s more of a seventy/thirty split. Either way he’s a fishy bastard. Google

0 comments, Leave one: